Your trust is important to us. This means Newscoop is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you when you upload any information to Newscoop.
We collect information about you principally so that we can
- Provide you the right services
- Improve our services
- Stay in touch with you
What personal information do we collect from you?
The personal data will be your name and contact details, such as phone number, email address, postal code, social media account name, your creations and any other personal data you choose to give us within the context of your data or content contributions. We also collect information on how you use our services (for instance, the articles you read).
What device information do we collect on things like your computer, your mobile and your tablet?
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers even when you're not signed into a Newscoop account. This may include an IP (internet protocol) address and an advertising ID.
What will we do with your personal information and the content you provide?
Newscoop will only use your personal data you provide for the purposes of our digital and social media platforms, and to verify your financial and/or content contributions if we need to get in touch with you.
When you contribute content to Newscoop, we may or may not use your contribution on our online platforms and on Newscoop’s social media pages.
When does Newscoop share your personal data with others?
We'll never sell your personal data. We do share it with others in these ways:
- When you make something public, such as posting a comment that the public can see
- When we use other companies to power our services
- When you use another company’s service that connects to Newscoop services
- If by law we are required to share your information with another organisation or authorities
Beyond this, we will not share your personal data with third parties without your consent. However, anything sent to Newscoop through other third-party social media services, third-party messaging services, or email are also subject to the terms of conditions of the services you choose to use, and you should refer to their privacy policies for how they process your data and their individual retention policies.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal contact details until you ask us to delete it. All content material, such as videos, text reports or raw media, will remain retained within the Newscoop platforms or archives.
How can Newscoop use my personal information?
We use your information for these types of things:
- to deliver our services and provide you with information about them
- to address your requests, complaints and enquiries
- to personalise services and give you things more tailored to your tastes, and to recommend things we think may interest you
- to help us understand what kind of services you might use, and sometimes how you might share things with other people
- to show you advertising that may be tailored to you, on our platforms or others
- to research and innovate
- to contact you
You have privacy rights. You can
- ask us what personal information we hold about you
- ask us to correct or delete your personal data
- tell us to stop using your personal information
If you have any concerns about how your data or content is held or used, please reach out to us. We’ll work with you, to the best of our ability, to explain and to resolve any issues.